Plan, direct, coordinate and /or budget, usually through estimator and foremen, activities concerned with the construction projects. Work closely with Project Manager in development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling and implementation.
Working knowledge of Construction software, Excel , MS Project, Word and AIA Invoices software.
Five years of experience in the construction industry and 3 years in a supervisor level position.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Plan, organize and direct activities concerned with site construction projects.
- Confer with supervisors and foreman to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site foreman to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Work with Contract Administrator to manage financial aspects to protect companys interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with customer.
- May requisition supplies and materials to complete project.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs and scheduling.
- Knowledge of administration, management, construction materials, methods and tools.
- Knowledge of public safety and security issues and regulations.
- Excellent mathematical skill, including application and use in problem solving.
- Ability to coordinate own and others actions , manage own time and manage personnel resources.
- Strong understanding and expression of written and verbal English sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
JOB RESPONSABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- High degree of accuracy and exactness is extremely important in the performance of this job.
- To accomplish work activities, Superintendent must be able to coordinate or lead employees among different levels of the organization.
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions, especially hot, humid and/or rainy spring, summer and fall weather, combined with regular work time indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Assume responsibility for work outcomes and results of other workers.
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated.
- When working on site , will be required to wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves , hearing protection, and hard hats.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments. Ability to walk and perform site inspections throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area is a requirement.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Project Manager and President of La Causa Construction. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.