Supports the Sales Director with scheduling appointments, meetings and staff assessments along with tracking and supplement production reporting. Further, the expeditor/loan process will assist loan officers in processing for submission to underwriting, closing, and booking commercial loans. Responsible include but not limited to supporting loan officers in serving clients needs. The loan expeditor/processor will coordinate the collection of all documents necessary to submit to underwriting loans for approval and to close commercial real estate loans, business loans, and SBA loans. The loan expeditor/processor will work with Business Development Officers to clear conditions and if necessary with borrower legal counsel, title companies (if applicable), and other vendors supplying third party reports.
High School Diploma or GED, Minimum 1 year administration and customer service experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Work with the business development officer to ensure that we have all the proper documentation needed to complete the file based on the product and the approval.
- Order, review and confirm receipt of third party reports such as UCC filings, Caivers, title commitments, credit reports, appraisals, insurance, survey, all relevant construction documents and environmental reports.
- Insure all processing information added in the appropriate loan systems.
- Manage the routing of credit actions in the Spark loan origination system.
- Review and gather all due diligence and ensure that loan origination suspense items are timely cleared.
- Complete loan-closing checklists and manage collection of documents accordingly.
- Review and approve Borrowers Closing Statement.
- Coordinate with loan servicing for the distribution of funds and fees associated with loan closings.
- Coordinate with loan servicing in overseeing of funds for loans in process.
- Responsible for review and approval of all loan Application documents prior to submission to close are included in the file to ensure they are compliant with all underwriting policies, covenants, internal policy, and regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring quality control of loans booked to the core system. Oversee quality control process to ensure all loan files are in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Maintain consistent communication with business development officers, Sales Director and clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Maintain strict adherence and compliance to all laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures and internal controls specific to your role.
- Ensures that all credit files are fully documented in accordance with SBA and Prestamos requirements prior to funding of loan.
- Reviews loan approvals to ensure information is complete; follows up to obtain missing data; input data in the department's software for SBA documentation.
- Prepares and reviews loan/application package for submission to the SBA, ensuring accuracy and completeness of all required documents.. Prepares and reviews loan-closing documents, including documentation request form for the documents prepared by the Note Department's loan documentation specialist.
- Coordinates and works with account officers, the legal counsel, Loan Documentation Unit, Loan Operation Unit and other areas, as necessary.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
As Expeditor/Processing Co-coordinator, the primary goal is to offset potential delays by maintaining ongoing communication with the Client, Business Development Officer and Sales Director regarding loan origination. This position assists with maintaining accurate reports, submitting loans to underwriters, and completing commitment letters.
This position receives reviews and processes commercial loan documents, maintains loan application files and other duties related to the processing and servicing of the commercial loan portfolio. Reviews all gathered pending documents for accuracy, completeness, loan authority, lien position, insurance, flood insurance, collateral, appraisal, coding, risk rating, disbursements, etc. Reviews documents for compliance purposes, recognizes problems with documentation, and takes appropriate action. Requires the ability to maintain accurate records, work with a wide variety of clients, and have computer and communication skills. Experience with SBA 504 loan servicing and/or economic development loan funds a plus. Must be detail oriented and organized with flexibility to help achieve our overall team mission.
- Reviews pipeline reports daily to determine what tasks need to be completed
- Assists with loan submissions to underwriting
- Supports Business Development Officers with completing Commitment Letters
- Maintains current loan files by requesting updated documents
- Ensures conversations and email correspondence are documented
- Responsible for loan data entry
Responsible for the overall customer interaction and interface with all parties involved on each individual loan that is originated from approval to closing including, but not limited to: counseling obtaining all necessary support documents along with the appropriate fee information; overseeing the loan process by monitoring loan status and ensuring conformity with terms; assisting in collecting additional documents and promptly communicating loan status to all interested parties.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Vice President. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.