Intake / Outreach Specialist
Chicanos Por La Causa (CPLC)s Workforce Solutions WIOA Youth Program provides education and employability services for Phoenix youth and young adults ages 14 through 24. Through a network of business and inter-agency collaborations we serve as a pathway for young people to succeed in the workforce.
The Outreach and Intake Specialist is responsible for all tasks and support in all matters related to outreach, intake and enrollment of participants into CPLCs WIOA youth program.
The Outreach and Intake Specialist is responsible for promoting CPLC Workforce Solutions Services and programs and assist with the organization and development of recruitment and enrollment providing basic information and referral assistance to participants.
Additionally, this will work to develop mutually beneficial relationships with area-wide business, industry and community partners in support of the program specifically for recruitment and outreach efforts.
Additionally, this position will most like be the first face that participants see, and thus be responsible for creating and maintaining records of potential participants and effective handoffs to case managers.
Provide regular reports and data visualization on outreach strategy, progress, and enrollments.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct outreach and networking activities in the community such as high schools, colleges, community centers, non-profits, youth shelters etc.
- Provide presentations at various community groups within the Phoenix Metro area and other areas as required.
- Strategically plan, schedule, prepare and conduct all info-sessions.
- Provide presentations at various schools, colleges and community groups.
- Attend and coordinate presentations, job fairs and other community outreach events to connect with potential participants;
- Promote and develop awareness of Chicanos Por La Causas WIOA Youth program.
- Cultivate and coordinate relationships with potential participants, local schools, community-based organizations and other groups that work with youth and identify productive avenues to support recruitment of future participants
- Conduct initial eligibility screening of individuals seeking program assistance and create participant files that will include eligibility documentation to ensure a smooth and timely approval process.
- Coordinate with Program Manager and Lead Case Managers to approve participant files and assign case manager;
- Create and maintain contact information for prospective participants and community partners;
- Provide general information and community referrals to individuals not meeting program eligibility requirements Maintain and track all intake forms and pre-applications;
- Set up initial client file for clients being assigned to Case Manager.
- Prepare reports and evaluation of all outreach activities on a weekly basis.
- Recruit and case manage a roster of 6-10 eligible youth annually;
- Promote the success and reputation of the program.
- Attend all organizational, departmental, contractual and program meetings and trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned .
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish required
- Excellent oral and written communication, public speaking, problem-solving, analytical skills, multi-tasking, organizational skills, leadership, and time management
- Prioritize and execute special projects with limited guidance, anticipating next steps, taking initiative, exercising discretion and sound judgment and being sensitive to deadlines
- Provide administrative support including coordinating meetings and events.
- Ability to handle confidential documents.
- Have the cultural competency to engage with youth and their families
- Recognizes that the youth they will spend time with may have many challenges and barriers in a complex urban environment
- Be sensitive to the needs of the youth being served.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels.
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
LICENSES: Non-Expired Drivers License with clear record required.
Must be able to obtain Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- A minimum of two years experience in outreach, customer service focused environment, or any combination of training and or experience which indicates the ability to perform the required duties.
- Experience working with opportunity youth, low income a strong plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Office365 (Preferred);
Bending, stooping and lifting up to 20 lbs. required to complete daily tasks. Job requires extended periods of sitting; use of various office equipment.