Junior Financial Analyst
OBJECTIVE AND POSITION SUMMARY
Position compiles and analyzes financial information and develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, and reports. Works closely with Resource Development to complete budgets and pro-forma's for submission of funding proposals. Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately. Identifies trends and developments and presents findings to senior management. Prepares financial billings, budgets, forecasts, builds pro formas and provides reconciliations of internal accounts.
- Setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company's plans and vision;
- Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching;
- Prepare and submit performance reports
Identifies trends and developments and presents findings to senior management. Experience in building financial models.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Reconcile program billings/reports to the general ledger
- Prepare contract billings/reports for funding sources
- Prepare adjustments to general ledger
- Prepare program financial forecasts
- Assist directors in preparing operating, proposal and contract budgets
- Prepare budget variance reports
- Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately.
- Participate in professional development (i.e. training, etc.)
- Must possess excellent technical skills and ability to use various computer program applications e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must have understanding of accounting software.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Requires a Bachelor's degree and O years of experience in the field or in a related area.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended or is implied to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. All employees are accountable for understanding and complying with all corporate policies and procedures as well as any program specific policies and procedures. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.This job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.