CPLC is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join our Marketing team in advocating for underserved and underrepresented communities.
We are seeking someone with strong organization and project management skills who enjoys working in a creative environment. You should be a team player with some experience in marketing, communications, and/or graphic design and an interest in learning and growing as a member of our award-winning marketing department.
You are someone with a heart for the community, a passion for social justice, and a desire to make a positive difference in the world. Your day-to-day work will support programs in five states that provide education to low-income children; refuge for victims of domestic violence; support for families experiencing homelessness; loans for minority-owned small businesses; and many other important services.
Founded as an advocate for the Mexican-American community in 1969, CPLC continues to serve and advocate for Latinos across the Southwest; as such, this position will benefit from an individual with an interest in Mexican-American culture. Fluency in Spanish is a plus but not required.Responsibilities
- Coordinate and execute marketing requests from various programs and services to ensure that projects are fulfilled on time
- Project manage long-term marketing projects to ensure they progress according to schedule as other short-term projects are being fulfilled
- Provide basic graphic design and/or copywriting for marketing projects
- Provide basic website updates
- Collaborate with marketing team in brainstorming sessions
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to collaborate and communicate in team setting to meet deadlines
- Ability to navigate a business environment, including email communication, group meetings, and Outlook calendar function
- 1-2 years related work experience preferred
- Basic understanding of marketing and communications principles preferred
- Basic graphic design skills preferred, including knowledge of Adobe Create Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Acrobat Pro, Dreamweaver)
- Business writing skills preferred
- Spanish fluency and knowledge of Mexican-American culture and traditions preferred
- Knowledge of basic HTML preferred