- Assist in network design, implementation, and maintenance of existing networks as well as new network locations across multiple states as CPLC grows.
- Provide support for the organizations wide area network systems and users across multiple states.
- Install, configure, and repair computer network equipment. These include but are not limited to: Firewalls, Switches, Wireless Access Points and Modems.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot network services including (but not limited), Domain Name Services (DNS), Dynamic Host Configurations Protocol (DHCP) Group Policies (GPOs)
- Provide general network support to users, CPLC partners and IMTS Department staff.
- Maintain servers and associated hardware, applications, services, logs and settings.
- Working together with the IMTS Department to develop and monitor policies for the use of network resources.
- Implement and manage systems backups and disaster recovery plans.
- Monitor network to ensure optimal performance.
- Create and maintain network users/permissions.
- Test release of products to minimize user impact and ensure compatibility.
- Create technical support documentation for systems and applications.
- Explore new and existing technology to move CPLC infrastructure forward to meet CPLC strategies and growth.
- Two years experience minimum and any combination of education, training or experience that demonstrate mastery of the following qualifications and/or skills:
- Cloud computing services (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS)
- Cloud computer providers like MS Azure, O365, AWS, G Suite
- Network Technologies DNS, DHCP, Load Balancing, Virtualization.
- Microsoft PowerShell Scripting
- Microsoft Office Suite of Products
- Excellent analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills, with ability to transform ideas into text.
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Ability to maintain accurate records and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with highly sensitive business matters.
- Preferred certifications: Azure Certifications, Security , Network
- Active Directory / Azure AD / Azure Endpoint Management / Intune.
- MS Windows Server 2016 / 2019
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, MS Exchange Online.
- Cisco Technologies including switches and ASA Firewalls.
- Meraki line of products including Access Points, Switches and Firewalls
- Experience with setup and configuration of Juniper firewalls.
- Barracuda line of network and backup products.
- VoIP technologies (MS Teams).
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) technologies. (Intune, Meraki MDM, Apple DEP)
- Solid understanding of Group Policies (GPO).
- Experienced with BYOD policies and configurations.
- Working knowledge of MS PowerShell Scripting and Console.
- McAfee Anti-Virus Console
- SharePoint Administration
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
The Network Administrator will be required, among other tasks, to:
- Develop, implement, and document network policies and procedures.
- Maintain organizational communication structures like Exchange Distribution Lists, O365 Groups, Auto Attendants and Azure dynamics groups.
- Proactively manage wide area network (WAN) connectivity of all CPLC sites.
- Ensure Internet up time for all CPLC sites and programs.
- Maintain SharePoint based network operational database up to date.
- Design and implementation of disaster recovery plan.
- Conduct periodic network drills to ensure disaster recovery measures are in place to ensure business continuity.
- Maintain vendor relationships by assisting and coordinating meeting. and calls.
- Collect monthly reporting of network services like O365, McAfee, KnowB4, Securence, Azure AD, Threat Management, and others.
- Assist Network Services staff in day-to-day operation including management of ticket requests.
- Special Projects new sites/programs
- Assist in other duties and tasks as they become necessary or are assigned.
Ability to travel as needed to program sites (both in and out of state). Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational and technical information to personnel at all levels. Availability to provide support outside regular business hours as needed.
Employee will be expected, and supported by CPLC management, to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in an office structured environment with a combination of Work From Home schedule.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Network Services Manager. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.