Utility Assistance Specialist
The Utility Assistance Specialist will provide utility assistance to low-income households, including Indian Tribal members within Arizona, specifically in Yuma County. The Utility Assistance Specialist shall assist eligible recipients in making utility assistance, deposits, owner repairs, or replacement of utility-related appliances or systems.
- Ability to determine if clients meet financial requirements to receive assistance.
- Develop a tracking system of processed applications and determinations.
- Capture case notes and explanation for the crisis situation.
- Provide frequent updates to the Program Manager and financial analyst.
- Work with the accounting department to ensure that funds are disbursed in accordance to project specifications.
- Ability to Navigate APS online platform and provide offset outstanding electricity bills to qualified applicants.
- Provide monthly written reports to Program Manager/Specialist.
A baccalaureate degree or at least two years of experience working with an adult low-income population. Excellent communication skills, customer service, and organizational skills are necessary. Use of computer, computer software programs (e.g., Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word) and web-based systems are required. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work with individuals/families that are in crisis.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels, including in person and over the phone.
- Ability to work independently and a self-starter.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a high performing team.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software, and web-based computer programs.
- Ability to work on individual tasks and to work as part of a team with shared goals.
Maintain a record of services being provided, this includes: data on unduplicated number of clients, type of information being provided.