To serve as a positive role model to program participants and their families and provide encouragement and support. Participate as part of an interdisciplinary team that encourages educational STEAM objectives and positive healthy lifestyles. Provide tutoring to youth who participate in CPLC Programs.
- Knowledge of working with youth
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skill in small group facilitation
- STEM or STEAM Experience
High school or AA degree and equivalent experience in social or behavioral science, criminal justice, recreation, or a closely related field. Relevant experience facilitating youth and prevention services. Must have a schedule that allows for the fulfillment of position responsibilities. Bilingual preferred.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Coordinate assigned Youth Empowerment Program activities, including planning and implementation of STEAM activities
- Provide youth with tutoring and other related educational activities
- Responsible for all grant summer deliverables.
- Act as a representative for Carl Hayden Community Center
- Work closely with program staff (Program Director, Program Coordinator)
- Assist in community outreach and events.
- Daily reporting on Program activities.
- Assume duties as designated by the Community Center Coordinator to assure proper and continued function of community based centers.
Ability to travel statewide as needed. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify and recruit potential funding sources.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Community Center Coordinator. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.